Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So, sorry for the delay!

Hi All!

 I'm sorry I have not posted in a while.  I took a little time off over the Holidays.  We had some terrible weather here over Christmas and I lost power to my house for 5 days.  I have not done much since Pumpkin Holler other than some pretty terrific training runs and some 5K's for local charities!  All in good fun!

So this weekend I head to Baton Rouge LA to run the LA Marathon.  This will kick off a schedule of very ambitious running plans I have set forth for myself.

After Baton Rouge I'm registered for the Mississippi 50 in Laural MS, then I'm running the relay at the Hogeye marathon in Fayetteville AR with three friends I am proud to say I introduced to running!  :)

After Hogeye, I have myself registered for my first ever race at altitude...yes...lots of elevation gain during this run.  It's going to be interesting.  I have spent about a week in Durango Colorado and I was able to run just fine until I started plowing up a hill.  My pace slowed terribly, but if I walked I seemed to manage fine.  I went up the foothills of Engineer Mountain just fine and ran down the hill without much trouble so I hope that if I take my time and don't get crazy I will be OK.

I have had good training as I stated before.  I had a 20 miler followed by a 10 miler last month which was not supremely fast because I was nursing a cold.  But I got it done and that's what counts.  My hope is to meet this ambitious schedule this spring so I can go back to the Do Wacka Do and Pumpkin Holler again this year better trained.  We shall see how it all goes.  :)

and I will do a better job of keeping you posted!

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment