Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sooooo whats next???? Cajun Land

So no sooner have I recovered from this 100K, I find myself looking for another run.  I think I want to do the 100K again.  It seems to be a great distance!  So poking around on the Ultramarathon website I find several prospects.  One quite close to my cousins down in Lake Charles.  The Cajun Coyote.  It's December 1 and 2.  Yep, Its the same weekend as St Judes, Nope, I'm not registered for St Judes and I'm kinda glad now!

This one appears to be 3,  20 ish mile loops around the swamps of Chicot State Park.  Pretty Flat, dirt trails....swamps...hmmm could be kinda scary at night...

But I'm contemplating it.  I feel like I want to do another 100K before I ever consider increasing my distance.

Hopefully my recovery will go smoothly and I'll feel like running again in a week....heck, I feel like running now but I know better.

My recovery has been swift!  Monday I felt terrible, fluelike, hungover and jetlagged.  Also pretty sore in the calves and quads.  Yesterday I felt good as new, with just a little residual soreness.  I actually met my friend to walk after work.

Today I'm looking for another Ultra to run.  This is a strange sickness....

No comments:

Post a Comment