Monday, October 15, 2012

So, less than a week away

Sorry I have not been posting much lately.  I'm simply in a waiting game now.  I had a nice weekend of running: 5 miles on Saturday and then 7 on Sunday.  The weather was nice and I'm trying to keep my pace slow.

It's strange....I actually have to train to run slow.  If I jump into this 100K busting out 9:30 minute per mile pace, I will screw the whole run.  I have to stay around an 11:00 minute per mile to be able to sustain my nutrition and strength to the end.

I know that in order to get 62 miles done, I will have to eat several times along the course and the key is never running so hard you drain the blood away from your stomach to your extremities.  Once you do that you cannot digest food.  That's fine for a marathon but for anything longer, its the kiss of death.

So I'm training to run slow.  ...slow...slow............

No comments:

Post a Comment