Thursday, March 22, 2012

Well, it was momentus...

In my last post I sort of left my first marathon achievement in the cold.  Yes it was exciting that I completed my first marathon.  I was happy that I completed it.  It is just I knew in the back of my mind that I did not work as hard at it as I could have.  But I have to keep reminding my self that simply completing was the point.  I do thinks very step by step.  Focus on one thing at a time, complete that, then go for more later.

I do want to acknowledged the lovely volunteer at mile 13 who ran down to me and took my water bottle, asked me what I wanted and had it filled and waiting for me by the time I actually got to the end of the aid station.  I want to give Kudos to the radio disk jockey camped out under the Cantrell road train bridge blasting hip hop music.   There were lots of wonderful things that happened on that day.

However, there were much more exciting things to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment