Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I must confess...

Right now I'm having trouble writing this blog.  Last weekend I was supposed to run 35 miles as preparation for running 50 miles in April.  Recently my old friend IT band friction syndrome crept up and took hold of my knee making it impossible for me to run my training distance and almost forced me to stop at the half way mark.  Fortunately I found some wonderful people to walk the second half with me. 

Anyhoo, my training did not get done. and I'm left wondering if I can even do the marathon distance in April.  I'm seeing a sports med doc and a Physical Therapist to get the issues under control.  And according to some people, I cant really say I have run an ultra unless I have run 50 miles.  I guess there are multiple opinions out there because at Cowtown I was given a shirt and award that clearly said "Ultra" on it. 

So you may not hear from me for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment