Monday, April 13, 2015

Decision is Made

I slept on it.  Then I thought about it more the next day as I drove to work.  I texted my friend Andi and said. " I think I can do it if we get hotels"  I had to have a bed to sleep in each night.  I remember what it was like when I ran past marathons.  I was recovering pretty quickly.  I can do this.  As soon as I got to work I registered for the Race Across Arkansas.

But things needed to be done:  Later that night I had to create our rundraising page, a team page where the three of us, Yoni, Andi and I would create a combined goal of $1200.  We decided that raising funds as a team would be the best way.  We created a name, opened a business account, came up with a logo.  I went on the hunt for hotels and created a spreadsheet with logistics, crew needs, reservation confirmation numbers and local restaurantes in each town.  This can be done.

Raising the money was not nearly as diffiuclt as I expected.  Aparently a lot of people want to see us attempt to run across the state.  We raised a lot of funds with a Beer Mile.  Yoni and her parents hosted it out at their property.  Participants ran laps around a pond, came across a bridge, dranke 4 oz of beer, then headed out again four times (roughly a mile).  We sold t-shirts, hoodies and hats.  it was not too lonu until we were just $50 from our goal and it was three days until departure.  It was done, we were doing it.  It was time to pack and drive down to Magnolia where we would stay during the first two legs of the event.  I guess it was for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment