Friday, September 19, 2014

ugh...frustrated...





Wednesday morning I returned to the ortho to get a follow up.  I  used the blasted crutches for 4 weeks.  Four weeks ended Tuesday afternoon at 2:36pm so I went to the doctor crutch less.  The evening before,  I shopped, very leisurely, at Whole foods and did limited walking at the office crutch free.   I felt just minimal, dull pain in my hip which was troubling but it seemed to resolve itself the more I walked. 
My friend, who is also the nurse there came into my room while I was waiting for the doc and asked “where are your crutches?”  I told her “in the car” and that my 4 weeks ended yesterday afternoon.  They took x-rays of my hip when the doctor came in he did not seem real optimistic that I had completely healed.  He wants me to take two more weeks of no walking or running and minimal walking without crutches.  He said that if it did not heal I would require surgery and if it broke completely I would be looking at a complete hip replacement. 

Well that’s just nice.   

He did say I could use the stationary bike however.

So last night I went to LA fitness and jumped on the bike for about an hour.  After I rode I felt great.  No pain at all.  Later I went home and sat on the couch for a while and when I got up, I felt an ache in my hip.  So am I healing or not?  This morning the pain was still there, but it again resolved after I walked a while.  Today at work I’m walking pain free.  So what the heck.  Is it healed? Is it not?  I don’t know what to do. 

So I purchased some cycling clothes from Skirt sports to help feel better.  It helps….


New Optimism Jacket



New Optimism Tights!

No comments:

Post a Comment