Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just a little set-back

As I posted earlier in my blog.  My running addiction came about due to weight loss, and finding an efficient exercise method to burn calories.  My research always came to running.  It works better than walking because you can simply get more miles in during a work out.  I have heard that a mile is a mile when it comes to calorie burn, although, I feel running up hills burns more calories than running on flat. 

So I hover around 115 on my weight, at least I did for a long time.  I figured the weight increase from 110 to 115 was normal for someone running 30 miles to 40 miles per week due to muscle gain and needing to have more calories to run.

Recently I got on a scale that said 123....yes....123...Ok, I never ever ever approved a 123....

How did this happen?  This can't happen.  I'm not liking this at all!

This was yesterday...and I will not forget this because I wanted to cry. 

So I have decided to, for the next two weeks put forth a concerted effort to reduce my calorie intake as much as possible and still maintain my running.  I want to lose 5 lbs before the end of October.


I plan to go high protein because that seems to keep me satisfied longer.  I purchased a carton of Egg Beaters, some fat free cheese and bacon bits and that was my breakfast this morning.  I got a head start by keeping my calorie intake under 1500, today I hope to be around 1200....

I'm pulling out all the stops, using all the tricks and playing all my cards.  I cannot let the weight creep back on me.  Cannot....I have worked too hard and done too much to get to where I am. 

I will win this battle....

No comments:

Post a Comment